Donna Kenny participated in a panel entitled “Moments in Oral History” at the Oral History Network of Ireland (OHNI) annual meeting on Voicing Commemoration held September 2015 at Trinity College, Dublin. Speakers presented on a variety of international oral history topics including the Holocaust, environmental activism in Africa, the LGBT+ equality campaign in the UK, the Spanish Civil War, and issues pertaining to Ireland, North and South. Ms. Kenny spoke about her experiences recording oral history testimonies with Holocaust survivors as an interviewer for the international Survivors of the Shoah project.
Massachusetts Medical Society Alliance invited Donna Kenny to speak about oral history at its Strategic Leadership Council meeting in January 2016 at the headquarters of the Massachusetts Medical Society in Waltham, MA
In fall 2016 we heard from Ms. Courtney Phillips and her students in El Paso County, Colorado who are undertaking a family tree project. They contacted Clio Associates to thank us for the genealogy resources they found on our web site. Ms. Phillips reported that her students wanted to share with us another helpful research link which we're happy to add to our Useful Links page. You may like to visit http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.History-at-Home-A-Guide-to-Genealogy.17370.html. We thank Ms. Phillips and her students for this suggestion and hope they will give us an update on their family history project.
UPCOMING ORAL HISTORY EVENTS• June 18-21, 2018 Memory and Narration, International Oral History Conference (www.ioha.org) in Jyvaskyla, Finland
• June 28-29, 2018 Dangerous Oral Histories: Risks, Responsibilities and Rewards, Oral History Network of Ireland (www.oralhistorynetworkireland.ie) and Oral History Association (www.oralhistory.org) joint conference in Belfast, North Ireland
• Oct 10-14, 2018 Oral History in Our Challenging Times, Oral History Association (www.oralhistory.org) in Montreal, Canada
• XIXth International Oral History Conference, June 27-July 1, 2016, Bangalore, India
For more information about conference schedule, scholarships, registration, visas, accommodation and more http://iohaconference2016.org
• International Summer School of Oral History in Prague, September 5 – 13, 2016. For more information http://ohsd.fhs.cuni.cz/OHSD-70.html
• 2016 Oral History Association (OHA) Annual Meeting will occur at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, California on October 12-16, 2016. This will be the 50th anniversary meeting. The theme is Tradition, Transitions and Technologies from the Field. For further information see www.oralhistory.org
• The Second International Oral History Conference will take place in Jerusalem December 6-8, 2016. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“Creative Writing and the Decline of the Lobbyists” by Joel H. Popkin, MD, Worcester Medicine, Sept/Oct 2015.
This article describes some of the benefits to residents of Eisenberg Assisted Living Facility in Worcester, MA who participated in an autobiographical Writers’ Roundtable and published two volumes of their collected life stories, Our Stories, Our Lives. Dr. Popkin’s article includes a helpful list of references for further reading on the benefits of reminiscence.
“Now, in your writing, you seem to be taking control of the story of your life. You are choosing its meaning.” http://wdms.org/PDF/0915WOMED_F.pdf
Visitors in 2017 continued to find useful information and resources on our website for their genealogical research.
Jackie and Ava Oberg suggested we add this link:
Teacher Debbie Reynolds contacted us about the following link that she thought readers might want to know about: